- Things are going to change.
- Things need to change to get better.
- Things change for better or worse.
- Things change with or without you.
Some people don’t change until they suffer enough, they want to, experience enough they learn to or grow enough they are able too. Suffering is a reality. It happens everyday in the lives of everyone and there is nothing we can do about it. We do not have to be defined by the bad experiences in our lives. Nor, by the choices we have made. You can use both good and bad experiences and learn from them. You can initiate change for the better. Why not start now?
None of us are promised tomorrow. Make every second of your life count for something good.
Internal growth is a choice you make that affects external circumstances. Position your heart so that change becomes something that is instinctive and not extinctive. You will be surprised how much better your life becomes. Change brings new life, new insights, new relationships, and hope for better tomorrows.
“You can’t change your past but you can change your future.”
Your past only has a future if you give it one. Stop taking it into every new day and new relationship. Leave it where it is supposed to stay and that is in the past. Stop dragging it around like a ball and chain. Leave it where it was meant to stay and step forward into your future. Your soul will feel free again and you will have hope for brighter tomorrows.
Self-Improvement is a journey into our fears, our hopes, and our habitual patterns of thinking and behaving that keeps us from true success in our personal and professional lives.
What keeps us from success?
What keeps you from being the person you want to be?
- Do you feel stressed out and overworked?
- Do you wish you had more time and energy?
- Do you wish you could make money doing what you love?
- Do you lack organization?
- Do you want to improve relationships?
- Do you want to transcend negativity and self-defeat?
- Do you want to get back on track and pursue the life you really want?
The path to success.
The journey to personal success is not always easy.
Personal Development involves addressing areas of our lives that we had rather turn a blind eye to. It involves letting go of unproductive behavior and toxic relationships and moving towards new routines and healthy relationships. It requires determination. Determination to be completely honest with ourselves and others, no matter how painful.
Conscious commitment to self-improvement is the ingredient that allows us to move past self-defeating tactics and take decisive action.
What action do I take?
Here is what you have to learn:
- Define your vision of success.
- Streamline your potential.
- Maximize your resources.
- Conquer fear and procrastination.
- Create action plan.
- Eliminate negative thinking and self-sabotage.
- Avoid common success mistakes.
Remember, it is all up to you and no one else. You can do it.
The basics of Personal Development is changing your habits. Everything we do is the result of a habit that was taught to us. Unfortunately not all of them were good. That is what we are trying to change.
If you can change just one small thing per day, you will improve your life.
Personal Development Habits:
- Read one book per week. This keeps your brain active and healthy.
- Solve Puzzles. This is exercise for your brain.
- Think Positively. You are what you think.
- Make fast decisions. Instead of dwelling on something for an hour or two. Make fast decisions.
- Wait before buying. Wait at least 48 hours before buying anything. This is a tremendous money saver.
- Meditate 30 minutes everyday. A great way to gain clearness and peace is to meditate 30 minutes daily. This isn’t alot of time but enough to get you started.
As we grow older, we become bombarded with outside negative influences. When faced with obstacles, we fell flat on our faces. We decided we didn’t want to fall anymore but not facing problems, we avoided them all together.
As a result we drank alcohol, ate comfort food, or took recreational drugs to numb our wounds and fill a void. We worked late at night to avoid problems or unresolved conflicts at home. We started holding grudges, playing mind games and deceiving others to get ahead. And when it didn’t work, we lived above our means, bought things we didn’t need and ate, drank or used more to make ourselves feel better again.
And of course, our lives begin to spin out of control until we lost touch with who we were and what we wanted out of life or what we really need.
So, how do we fix ourselves? By getting back to the basics and making life simple again.
Here is how:
- Don’t try to read the minds of others and do not make them read yours. Communicate.
- Be nice, but don’t try to be friends with everyone you see. Nurture the relationships you already have.
- Get plenty of sleep and exhausted mind is rarely productive.
- Your health is your life. Take care of yourself.
- Get up 30 minutes earlier so you don’t have to rush around like an idiot.
- Get off your high horse, talk it out, shake hands, and move on.
- Don’t waste your time on jealously. The only person your competing against is yourself.
- Get rid of stuff you don’t use.
- Ask someone if you’re not sure.
- Learn a time-saving trick you can use over and over in the future.
- Don’t drink or use recreational drugs when you are mad or sad. Jog instead.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Relocate closer to your work.
- Handle 2 minute tasks immediately.
- Don’t steal.
- Always be honest with yourself and others.
- Say “I love you” as often as possible to your loved ones as often as possible.
- Don’t steal.
- Finish one project before you start another.
- Single-task. Spend your time on one project and give it all you got.
- Be yourself.
- Quit procrastinating.
- Stay out of other people’s drama.
- Don’t worry about things you can’t change. Concentrate on things you can.
- Buy things with cash.
- Smile often.
- Maintain your car and home.
- Apologize when you should.
- If you hate doing it, stop doing it.
- Be curious.
- Treat people with respect.
- Be curious.
- Write things down.
- Explore new ideas and opportunities.
- Don’t be shy.
- Don’t worry too much about what other people think.
- Spend your time with people who are smart, driven, and like-minded.
- Exercise everyday.
- Dont eat because your bored.
- Find hard work you actually enjoy doing.
- Realize that the harder you work the luckier you will become.
- Don’t waste your life filling someone elses dreams or desires.
- Set priorities and act accordingly.
- Take it slow and add up your small victories.
- However good or bad it is now. It will pass. Accept this fact.
- Excel at what you do.
- Realize your never quite as right as you think you are.
- Build something or do something that makes you proud.
- Mature but don’t grow up too fast.
- Make mistakes. Learn from them. Laugh at them. Move on.
Enjoy the simple pleasures in life. These are the ones that money can’t buy. : )
Sometimes we look for success in all the wrong places. Maybe, we even try to achieve it in all the wrong ways. Everyone wants to be the best they can be.
Here are 20 Personal Development Truths, though sometimes inconvenient, to help us stay on track:
- Attaining knowledge doesn’t mean that you are growing. Growing happens when what you know changes how you live.
- If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting.
- A good idea without action is really nothing at all.
- Tough times don’t last but tough people do.
- What we don’t start today won’t be finished by tomorrow.
- Having a plan even if it’s flawed is better than not having one at all.
- No matter what your career is or who you think you work for, you work for only one person and that is you. So, what is it that your selling and to whom?
- We all have the ability to clear negativity from our minds with one single thought.
- Being busy and being productive are two entirely different things.
- Being successful is a journey, not a destination.
- Being great doesn’ t mean you have to dominate others. It means you have to dominate your potential.
- Your success isn’t just about you. It’s about how you positively impact those around you.
- Life isn’t always logical.
- There is a lesson in everything you do, and learning the lesson is how you move forward.
- It’s usually only as good or bad as you think it is.
- When your caught up in the moment and your emotions are soaring, you will make poor decisions.
- You can raise the bar, or you can wait for others to raise it. Either way, it’s getting raised.
- Trying to be someone you’re not isn’t sexy. Be yourself. That is when you are beautiful.
- When kids grow up wanting to be like you, you matter.
- Sometimes you have to do your own thing your own way. No matter what anyone else thinks or says about you.
And remember, simplicity is often a major factor in success. But, the process of simplifying things is rarely easy. As long as you be true to yourself, and never stop learning, you will not get old. You will turn newer instead.
If you have any other inconvienent truths about Personal Develpment, I would love for you to share them with me. We can all learn something from each other.
The inspiration for making one small positive change everyday to improve your life will astound you at its simplicity.
Daily inspiration for change:
Let go of the things you can not change. Concentrate more on the things you can.
Is it really that simple?
Yes! Life is what you make it. Life is still as easy as it was when we were younger. We tend to complicate things for ourselves. Life is still easy. We just have to get back to the basics. Worry less about things that we can not change and change the things we can.
Why do we make it so hard?
We try to do too much. We get caught up in our daily lives that sometimes we don’t see the simpler changes that we can make. For example:
- We can’t change our relationship with a loved one. We can change our next interaction.
- We can’t our body composition.. We can eat healthy the next meal.
- We can’t get ourselves out of debt in one day. We can make one payment and buy one less unnecessary item.
We can’t change our entire lives. We can make one small change a day to improve life. And that’s what this blog is all about!
Hope you all have a safe, happy, and healthy weekend!
Inspiration for positive life change: Finish all your unfinished projects before starting another project
My issues have issues when it comes to today’s suggestion for change. What unfinished projects do you have to complete before starting another? How many unfinished projects do you have? Right now? If your one of those lucky person’s who does everything right, you may not have any unfinished projects at all. What project do you wish to tackle next?