Image via Wikipedia
Secrets to Success
How do you achieve success?
Albert Einstein said, “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
There is no such thing as failure. Two words that should not be part of your vocabulary are, “I failed.” You have never failed if you learned a lesson from something. The best things that we can ever hope to accomplish are all trial and error. We just have to learn to look at things differently.
Success means different things for different people. It all depends on your goals and what you hope to achieve. Your goals change throughout your life. So will your ideas of success.
Here are some tips to help you stay on track:
- Think of your mistakes as learning in progress.
- Step outside of yourself and clearly assess what your skill level is and decide what you are capable of as an individual. This is an invaluable skill to have.
- Correctly assess what your goal, once you look at your situation and decide what your skill set is, you will be better able to judge what your goal is and how attainable.
- Align your thinking with your goals. Doubt and fear are incredibly powerful inhibitors. Mixed with lack of clarity and misguided vision your goal is impossible. Aligning your thoughts and goals is crucial to your success.
- Align your actions with your goals. If you are not where you would like to be yet, you must formulate an action plan that will get you where you want to be.
- Align your environment with your goals. The next time you are around family and friends tell them your goal and what it is you would like to do.
- Do not give up! The importance of persistence is overlooked in society today. We expect things to come to us too fast too soon and if it doesn’t we just give up.
You never know how close you are to succeeding. You only know what you have done so far to get to where you are at. Your goals, your hopes and your dreams could be just an hour away. You will never know if you give in too soon.
Take a look at the list and then take a look at your life. Focus on the things that must be changed to accomplish what you want and then take action to meet them.
These 4 key steps to success will give you clarity, focus, and direction you need for creating success in all areas of your life!
- Identify your values. Values are those things that are important to us. When we clearly find your values we become conscious of what is important to us. Then we can align our actions and intentions with whats really important to us. When our values are clear, our decisions are easy, and our direction is focused.
- Clarify your goals. When it comes to achieving your goals, failure most often happens when you have not clearly defined what it is you truly want. Identify what you want in each area of your life. It is important to remember to be sure your goals are your own and not your mothers or spouses.
- Identify and dismantle your stoppers. What is it that keeps you “stuck?” Procrastination? Fear? A lack of time or money? Brainstorm as many reasons that you can for not achieving your dreams. Once you find your stoppers, it is important to dismantle them by accepting responsibility and moving past them.
- Take action. Finally, take action today! Without taking action you will not achieve your goals. Take action everyday no matter how small the steps may seem. Remember success is never an accident.
Take full responsibility for your future today by engaging in small steps to success.
Self-Improvement is a journey into our fears, our hopes, and our habitual patterns of thinking and behaving that keeps us from true success in our personal and professional lives.
What keeps us from success?
What keeps you from being the person you want to be?
- Do you feel stressed out and overworked?
- Do you wish you had more time and energy?
- Do you wish you could make money doing what you love?
- Do you lack organization?
- Do you want to improve relationships?
- Do you want to transcend negativity and self-defeat?
- Do you want to get back on track and pursue the life you really want?
The path to success.
The journey to personal success is not always easy.
Personal Development involves addressing areas of our lives that we had rather turn a blind eye to. It involves letting go of unproductive behavior and toxic relationships and moving towards new routines and healthy relationships. It requires determination. Determination to be completely honest with ourselves and others, no matter how painful.
Conscious commitment to self-improvement is the ingredient that allows us to move past self-defeating tactics and take decisive action.
What action do I take?
Here is what you have to learn:
- Define your vision of success.
- Streamline your potential.
- Maximize your resources.
- Conquer fear and procrastination.
- Create action plan.
- Eliminate negative thinking and self-sabotage.
- Avoid common success mistakes.
Remember, it is all up to you and no one else. You can do it.