The greatest tragedy of life is for people to live and die and never come out of themselves, to never realize the possibilities hidden within them. Each time I come across people with huge potentials and who seem to be clueless about what to do with their innate abilities, my heart bleeds. To give meaning to your life you must live it on purpose. There is nothing as dangerous as living a life that has no bearing. Such a life will definitely be very boring.
The life we live can either have a meaning and purpose or not. The clearer your purpose in life is defined, the more fulfilled you will be as an individual. There is always another chance to pause and define the purpose of your life and give a meaning to your course.
How do you give meaning to a clueless life?
The way out is to discover who you are. When you know who you are it becomes easy to live a purpose-driven life. You would have discovered the purpose for which you are in this world.
So I want you to take time to ruminate over the following and answer them as truthfully as possible:
- Do I love where I am today?
- Am I in the job I would like to be in when I come of age?
- Am I using my natural talent to do what I love to do?
- Will I like to be the best of what I am doing today?
- What one thing do I need to do today to make the greatest change in my life?
- Who is doing something closest to my dream?
- What area will I like to make a positive impact?
- What will I like to be remembered for?
- What mind-blowing accomplishment will I want my name to be associated with?
- What do I do best with the least effort?
- What kind of help do people frequently ask from me?
- What is that area people show me the greatest respect?
- What can I do for fun and still earn money?
- What irritates me the most when it is poorly done?
- I usually lose track of time when ……………………
- Which of all the human needs touches my heart most?
- I am the solution, what is the problem?
- Who has this problem?
- Which books, magazines or discussions interest me the most?
If you can consciously and truthfully answer the questions above, you will discover your potentials and know exactly who you are. With this, you will have succeeded in giving meaning to your life, even if you had no clue before.
There is no limitation to what you can achieve in life when your mission is defined. When meaning is given to your life, then there is always a chance to start over. When you have failed on any project, it is your mission in life that will empower you to believe that you can start all over again.