As we grow older, we become bombarded with outside negative influences. When faced with obstacles, we fell flat on our faces. We decided we didn’t want to fall anymore but not facing problems, we avoided them all together.
As a result we drank alcohol, ate comfort food, or took recreational drugs to numb our wounds and fill a void. We worked late at night to avoid problems or unresolved conflicts at home. We started holding grudges, playing mind games and deceiving others to get ahead. And when it didn’t work, we lived above our means, bought things we didn’t need and ate, drank or used more to make ourselves feel better again.
And of course, our lives begin to spin out of control until we lost touch with who we were and what we wanted out of life or what we really need.
So, how do we fix ourselves? By getting back to the basics and making life simple again.
Here is how:
- Don’t try to read the minds of others and do not make them read yours. Communicate.
- Be nice, but don’t try to be friends with everyone you see. Nurture the relationships you already have.
- Get plenty of sleep and exhausted mind is rarely productive.
- Your health is your life. Take care of yourself.
- Get up 30 minutes earlier so you don’t have to rush around like an idiot.
- Get off your high horse, talk it out, shake hands, and move on.
- Don’t waste your time on jealously. The only person your competing against is yourself.
- Get rid of stuff you don’t use.
- Ask someone if you’re not sure.
- Learn a time-saving trick you can use over and over in the future.
- Don’t drink or use recreational drugs when you are mad or sad. Jog instead.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Relocate closer to your work.
- Handle 2 minute tasks immediately.
- Don’t steal.
- Always be honest with yourself and others.
- Say “I love you” as often as possible to your loved ones as often as possible.
- Don’t steal.
- Finish one project before you start another.
- Single-task. Spend your time on one project and give it all you got.
- Be yourself.
- Quit procrastinating.
- Stay out of other people’s drama.
- Don’t worry about things you can’t change. Concentrate on things you can.
- Buy things with cash.
- Smile often.
- Maintain your car and home.
- Apologize when you should.
- If you hate doing it, stop doing it.
- Be curious.
- Treat people with respect.
- Be curious.
- Write things down.
- Explore new ideas and opportunities.
- Don’t be shy.
- Don’t worry too much about what other people think.
- Spend your time with people who are smart, driven, and like-minded.
- Exercise everyday.
- Dont eat because your bored.
- Find hard work you actually enjoy doing.
- Realize that the harder you work the luckier you will become.
- Don’t waste your life filling someone elses dreams or desires.
- Set priorities and act accordingly.
- Take it slow and add up your small victories.
- However good or bad it is now. It will pass. Accept this fact.
- Excel at what you do.
- Realize your never quite as right as you think you are.
- Build something or do something that makes you proud.
- Mature but don’t grow up too fast.
- Make mistakes. Learn from them. Laugh at them. Move on.
Enjoy the simple pleasures in life. These are the ones that money can’t buy. : )