Sometimes we look for success in all the wrong places. Maybe, we even try to achieve it in all the wrong ways. Everyone wants to be the best they can be.
Here are 20 Personal Development Truths, though sometimes inconvenient, to help us stay on track:
- Attaining knowledge doesn’t mean that you are growing. Growing happens when what you know changes how you live.
- If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting.
- A good idea without action is really nothing at all.
- Tough times don’t last but tough people do.
- What we don’t start today won’t be finished by tomorrow.
- Having a plan even if it’s flawed is better than not having one at all.
- No matter what your career is or who you think you work for, you work for only one person and that is you. So, what is it that your selling and to whom?
- We all have the ability to clear negativity from our minds with one single thought.
- Being busy and being productive are two entirely different things.
- Being successful is a journey, not a destination.
- Being great doesn’ t mean you have to dominate others. It means you have to dominate your potential.
- Your success isn’t just about you. It’s about how you positively impact those around you.
- Life isn’t always logical.
- There is a lesson in everything you do, and learning the lesson is how you move forward.
- It’s usually only as good or bad as you think it is.
- When your caught up in the moment and your emotions are soaring, you will make poor decisions.
- You can raise the bar, or you can wait for others to raise it. Either way, it’s getting raised.
- Trying to be someone you’re not isn’t sexy. Be yourself. That is when you are beautiful.
- When kids grow up wanting to be like you, you matter.
- Sometimes you have to do your own thing your own way. No matter what anyone else thinks or says about you.
And remember, simplicity is often a major factor in success. But, the process of simplifying things is rarely easy. As long as you be true to yourself, and never stop learning, you will not get old. You will turn newer instead.
If you have any other inconvienent truths about Personal Develpment, I would love for you to share them with me. We can all learn something from each other.